APPROPRIATE DRESS POLICY
Elginburg and District Public School’s Appropriate Dress Policy follows the minimum standard that must be in place in all of the Limestone District School Board schools. All members of the school community must dress in a manner that reflects personal pride and respect for others.
Members of the school community are required to:
- be neat, clean and well-groomed in overall appearance
- comply with health and safety policies
- remove hats for the National Anthem, and prior to entering the classroom
- be adequately covered to be consistent with a scholarly school tone
The school community must not wear clothing or accessories which are deemed by the Principal to:
- have content which is offensive to any individual or group
- promote unlawful activities or unwholesome life styles
- display profanity
- are unduly distracting
- are unhealthy, unhygienic or unsafe
- are reflective of violent or anti-social culture
The Principal may make minor variations or exceptions to this policy under certain circumstances.
See the Student Agenda pages for further information.